Please take a minute to watch this video. The comments made by members of the Republican party recently are disturbing, to say the least.
Sorry, the video doesn’t seem to want to stay in the post for some reason. Here’s the link… Let me know if you have any trouble viewing it!
I’ve mentioned a couple of times (here and here) that I have been struggling with my weight. It’s been a rough few years for me, especially when I stepped on the scale and saw the reading for 180 pounds staring back at me.
My weight issues have been a constant source of depression and anxiety for the last few years.
Depression told me “It doesn’t matter what or how much you eat. You’re already a fatass!” so I stopped paying attention to what I ate, how much and how frequently. For a while my diet consisted mostly of fast food…And none of it even remotely good for me. I mean, why order a salad when jalapeno poppers are on the menu? So what if I’ve eaten them 3 times this week already and it’s only Wednesday?
My anxiety caused me to suddenly develop an issue with eating in front of people…I only wanted to eat by myself, really, and if I had to be around people I only ate if they were eating, too. I was just so sure people were looking at me like I was a circus freak, judging me on how much and what I was eating.
I think two things caused my sudden and surprising turn-around. I became unemployed, for one, and I didn’t have the money to eat fast food every day. I also quit drinking soda almost entirely because I was broke. I started eating what was available…Since I was spending most of my time at my mom and dad’s I had lots of much healthier options.
My dad’s heart surgery also impacted me in a huge way. When the doctors suggested a heart-healthy diet for him, I immediately jumped on board to support him. It was also the first time someone close to me had such a huge close call…and I realized that the food I was eating could land me in the exact same place down the road.
So. Since October I have lost a substantial amount of weight. I’ve been quiet about it because a part of me is terrified that it’s temporary. I’m afraid my body will betray me again and I’ll be right back where I started. But you know what? I’m also really, really proud of myself.
Guys, I now weigh 135 pounds.
The first time I went shopping after losing weight I was actually a little nervous. I grabbed a pair of black dress pants off of the rack to try on as well as some shirts and, not really sure what size would be right, I brought a few different sizes in the dressing room. The smallest size was a 7-8 (short…’cause I am) and I figured that would be pretty tight.
Those pants were too big.
I’m not kidding.
I literally jumped for joy…So if you happened to be in the dressing room next to me you probably thought I was crazy. Yes, that was my 30-year-old self jumping up and down, then doing a happy dance.
I’m fairly certain I let out a squeal of excitement when I tried on jeggings (yes, jeggings) and instantly loved them. In fact, I think I tried everything on in the store… If I didn’t like something it was because the color wasn’t right for me, not because it made me look like an overstuffed sausage.
Last night I stopped by Maurices to see if they had a cute green shirt in case The BF and I go out for St. Patrick’s Day. It was still a little strange for me to automatically grab size small. While trying the shirt on I took a pic… So here it is, the 45 pounds gone after picture:
Yup. Pretty happy to be feeling normal again.
So last Saturday I got a whole bunch of hairs cut off!
I think it ended up being about 10 inches. That wad of hair is in a baggie waiting to be mailed to Locks of Love.
I’m a giver.
I also got my color fixed.
Anyway, this is what my hair looks like now:
I likes it.
Bonus: The Boyfriend likes it, too.
You may be noticing my chipped nail polish.
You might also be wondering why I’m showing you a picture of my left hand.
Well boys and girls, I hope you’re noticing the lack of a ring.
So can we quit with the rumors?
I’m not engaged.
The BF and I are not getting married anytime soon.
I can’t think of a simpler way to explain this unless I bust out some crayons.
I think I mentioned that I started a new job in an insurance agent’s office a few weeks ago. In order to get the job I had to agree to get my license…which is no big deal to me since I’ve done it before. At least this time I only have to get a Personal Lines license instead of that plus Life and Health.
I had planned to sign up for classes early so I’d get my books far enough in advance to do some studying on my own.
I got my books last week.
My class starts Monday.
I’m not even through chapter 1.
The problem is that whenever I get my book out, something comes along and distracts me.
Text from the BF? Probably ought to answer him.
Office phone is ringing? Well I can’t just ignore it.
My coffee mug is empty? Can’t have that!
A white car drove by? I think I’ll write in my blog.
Well I’m not procrastinating any more. I’m getting my book out right now and I’m going to take notes and highlight until I’m crosseyed.
Right after I beat this level of Angry Birds.
Some things I’m thinking about today (in no particular order):
– I don’t understand why people, after calling a business and getting no answer, just hang up and immediately call back. Actually, I don’t get why people do that when calling my personal phone, either.
– I hate the fact that I have a please-tell-me-your-life-story face. I didn’t need to know that you’re bipolar and I really didn’t need to know that you did some time for shooting your ex-wife and her boyfriend. Oh, neither person died and she was gardening the very next day? Uh…Still not cool, dude. I am sufficiently creeped out now.
– Speaking of bipolar…How about this Indiana weather? Thunderstorms and tornadoes one day, snow the next. And it’s supposed to be 50 degrees tomorrow? My sinuses are thrilled.
– Coffee. I love it.
– My new phone (Motorola Photon, Android OS) is the most awesome thing on the planet. The Boyfriend says I’m addicted to it. I agree.
– Activia yogurt commercials creep me out. I don’t understand why Jamie Lee Curtis cares so deeply about my pooping habits.
– The people that send Jamie Lee Curtis videos about pooping creep me out a little more.
– Words With Friends has the ability to stop me in my tracks, no matter where I am or what I’m doing. Alice M. played the word HAPPY?! Allow me to pause for a moment to trounce this m-n-effer verbally.
– The Boyfriend and I have been together for a year as of today. I wrote about the first time he called me here. I still think he’s super neat.
– It’s a good thing I’m the only one in the office today. I’m gassy. Toot!