If you’ve been following along with my California posts wondering when I’d get to the television show, today is the day you’ve been waiting for!

I can’t really go into a ton of detail about the actual episode, but I can show you what led up to the taping!


A driver picked me up at 7:10 am on Thursday morning. I was showered, with a light layer of foundation and straightened hair as instructed by a producer. I hadn’t had a chance to drink nearly enough coffee, unfortunately. 

We arrived at Paramount and I was lead to my dressing room, which I shared with the gal that also shared a segment with me. She was really sweet and fun, and I was glad for the company. Someone brought me a coffee, and I had to resist the urge to hug her. We were then told that someone would come for us when it was hair and makeup time.


They also left bagels and muffins, so I made sure to inhale a little of both. Hey, I didn’t want to be rude!

I eventually got whisked away to have my hair done, and I had a nice chat with my hair lady about our kids.


I'm making a super douchey face in this pic.

Once my hair was done, I went back to the dressing room to wait a little more.

There’s a lot of waiting in this television business.

My makeup guy was so much fun…He used to do Pam Anderson’s makeup for Baywatch, and he was from Ohio but had family from Indiana. We talked about all sorts of things while he worked


We were talking about how overrated some "high end" makeup is, so maybe that explains my face.


I loved every second of this.


After Allen worked his magic.

So once all of that was done, I headed back to my dressing room to meet with wardrobe.


A little section of wardrobe.

The outfit I brought was deemed worthy, so I got dressed while they went to find some jewelry. I ended up wearing my grandma’s necklace and ring, and a pair of the wardrobe department’s earrings (which I need to mail back because, oops).


Camera ready!

A producer came in and went over my segment with me, then we waited some more before being taken to the soundstage. I got mic’d,  then I waited some more before being led out. I won’t go into any detail about what happened during taping, because I’m not sure what I’m legally allowed to talk about. I guess you’ll just have to wait and see the episode!

So that was my big, exciting morning at the studio! A driver took me back to the Roosevelt,  where I changed and went on my normal afternoon walk.


After my walk, I had a snack by the pool and returned to my room to pack. That night, I had dinner at Katana to celebrate taping the show. It was incredible,  and I would highly recommend it to anyone in the LA area. Tamala Jones was a few tables away, and right next to me was some guy from Lionsgate (I think).

I was so into how amazing the food was, Bugs Bunny could’ve sat down next to me and I wouldn’t have noticed.

Would it be weird to fly to LA just to eat there again?