…I didn’t even have to use my AK.

…Well I didn’t

Yesterday really could’ve gone either way. I had to have my phone looked at because I thought my charging port was busted…The customer service rep I talked to said I could have it repaired under warranty (fun fact: I dropped the ‘insurance’ for the first time ever when I bought this phone) and directed me to the nearest store with techs. My mom agreed to ride with me, so after O had breakfast and I had a shower we were off to Lafayette.

I had to wait about half an hour to talk to someone. It was no big deal, because O was sleeping in the car (mom was with him). While i waited, a woman leaned over and whispered, “I hope you packed a lunch…I don’t know why it takes so long.” I knew she wanted me to share a bitchfest about the wait, but i wouldn’t have it. I smiled and explained that I worked for Sprint for years, so i was prepared to wait. She clammed up pretty quickly and i was free to finish my game of Dots in peace. Once I talked to a rep, I found that the problem was the charger and not my phone…So I just needed to call Samsung and have them send me a new one. Problem solved, and for zero money! That’s worth celebrating!

O was awake when I got back to the car. We decided to grab a bite to eat, so we stopped at Friday’s. Mom and I had salads and O gobbled up his grilled chicken, pita, and fruit. He even used a regular fork successfully, and didn’t get anything on the floor. Who was this kid?!


After lunch, we ran to the mall to use a couple of Bath and Body Works coupons. The candy store next to B&BW sucked me in with their Grumpy Cat display, but I made it out without buying anything.


But really, I need one.

It took me forever to decide what i wanted in B&BW. I managed to narrow it down to three scents…Lucky for me, there was a killer sale happening. Plus, I could still use my coupons. High five!


Free smell goods!


Since I never, NEVER (ok, hardly ever), pay full price for stuff, I was really happy. We stopped for coffees on our way out of the mall and I even got one of those iced froo-froo coffees I usually wrinkle my nose at. I think mine was a Milky Way, with cookie dough flavored whipped cream…And since I couldn’t leave him out, O got an iced sugar cookie and milk.

Before we could head home, I had one more stop to make.


I grabbed a dozen donuts from Mary Lou’s before we left Lafayette. I had promised the BF I’d pick some up for his grandpa, and I thought we needed some too.

O and I had a maple glazed for breakfast this morning. Delicious!

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks around here, so yesterday was a nice change of pace. I made it home with plenty of time to make beef burritos for dinner while O played outside with daddy.