Well it seems a bit odd that a curmudgeon like me would be nominated for something called The Sunshine Award…But it happened! Sweet Jennifer from My Sweet Sanity was kind enough to nominate me. You should totally go spend some time on her blog…The good news is, pictures are calorie-free!
According to Jennifer, the rules are as follows:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer & let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
Well here goes nothing…
Eleven Random Facts About Me
– Even though I took voice lessons and played guitar, I never learned how to read music.
– I love football (both college and NFL) and I have a fantasy league… As far as I’m concerned there are only two seasons: Football and boring.
– I have never seen Star Wars and I don’t plan to.
– I pretty much never wear makeup and I do my hair about as frequently. Lucky for me I was blessed with wavy/curly hair so I can just wash and scrunch it with mousse.
– I think I might actually die if someone took my smartphone away.
– I get more excited about buying things for other people than buying stuff for me. Christmas and other people’s birthdays are my favorite holidays.
– I had a pet anole
in college…his name was Mojo and he was awesome. My first roomie got day drunk and tried to eat him.
– I didn’t drink or smoke or do anything bad until I got to college.
– I’m a member of Kappa Delta Gamma sorority.
-I went through a phase of randomly meeting famous people. The list includes: Mario Lopez, Brady Quinn (Jets), Greg Oden (Heat), Mike Conley (Grizzlies), Donald Brown (RB for the Colts, #31), Lewis Black, the members of the bands Disturbed, Incubus, Offspring, and Orgy.
Eleven questions from Jennifer:
–What is your favorite caffeine fix?
COFFEE! I drink about a pot of black coffee a day.
– Are you a sun worshipper or a sunblocker?
Blocker, for sure. I’m as pale as can be… In my twenties I went through a phase of going to the tanning bed but that didn’t last terribly long.
– What is your absolute favorite food?
I don’t know… I love LOVE food so I can’t really name just one. Spicy. Can I say that? Or cheese.
– What one piece of technology could you not live without (excluding internet)?
My smartphone. I seriously might die.
-What is your favorite board or video game?
Mario Kart for the Nintendo 64. I’ve never been beaten.
– What is your favorite meal of the day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) and why?
Dinner…Because it’s usually the only one I have a chance to eat!
– If you won an all expenses paid trip to anywhere you wanted to go, where would you pick?
Ireland! Or I’d take this awesome European Holocaust tour that goes to all of the remaining camps plus a few other important places… Yeah, I’m a nerd.
– What is your favorite season and why?
Football! But for real, I love fall. My birthday is in September, plus the cooler weather, changing leaves, FOOTBALL, and my boy’s birthday. It’s the best time ever.
– If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Dang it, just one? Um… nope. Can’t decide. It would be either my mom’s dad (he died when she was in college) or my dad’s dad (who died when my dad was in kindergarten).
– If you could pick a super power for yourself what would it be and why?
Invisibility. For when I need to go to the store but I don’t want to get ready. Oh, ok…and to pull some awesome pranks on people.
– Do you prefer heels or flats?
I’m five foot one inch tall… I would live in heels if I could!
And finally, my questions:
– If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
– Who is your favorite actor/actress? Why?
– What song always cheers you up when you’re sad?
– What is your favorite toy from your childhood?
– What is your least favorite thing about being an adult?
– Someone is going to take you out to dinner, any restaurant you like. Where would you go?
– If you have kids, how did you decide on names?
– What is your favorite holiday?
– What is your favorite book?
– How much sleep do you absolutely have to have to function?
-What is your favorite way to de-stress?