Last week was pretty exciting around here. Fred the fibroid became famous on Twitter, and the lovely Niki from Hello Stripes nominated me for the Liebster Award (you should definitely check her blog out!). I’ll let her explain what the award is all about:
The Liebster, which means “dearest” in German, is a way for up-and-coming bloggers to demonstrate each others appreciation for what we do. It is very rewarding to see that people really enjoy and appreciate the work that goes into writing posts and the overall work and time that goes into blogging.
Thank you Niki!
Now for the fun stuff:
1. Thank the person that nominated you and link to her blog.
2. Answer your nominator’s ten questions!
3. Share the love and nominate 10 other bloggers.
4. Think up ten questions for your nominees.
5. Let everyone know you’ve nominated them!
Ten questions from Hello Stripes (and my answers):
1. Why do you blog?
I have loved writing since I figured out how to do it…I can remember locking myself in the bathroom at my grandma’s house to write a song about reading books when I was little. It was only natural that I pick up blogging eventually. Also? Yes, I was a nerd. I still am a nerd. I wear my nerd badge with pride.
2. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Unlike conversation, I can’t be interrupted in a blog post! That’s a big ol’ pet peeve of mine. Also, I’m a huge introvert and blogging (along with Twitter, texting, and Facebook) gives me a way to communicate comfortably.
3. What is your least favorite part about blogging?
I never know how something will be received. Sometimes I can come off as a little abrasive and I sometimes wonder if I’ve gone too far. I have yet to receive any hate mail, so I guess I’m ok.
4. What are your 3 favorite blogs and why?
Only three? Crap. I love a lot of blogs but here are the top three that come to mind:
The Bloggess… I just adore her. I can identify with her, she makes me laugh until I’m in danger of peeing on myself, and she seems to be a genuinely kind person.
Hyperbole and a Half… Another person that makes me laugh hysterically. I wish my crappy MSPaint drawings were half as cool as her illustrations.
Smitten Kitchen… The food this woman comes up with looks amazing. I’ve used a couple of her recipes to great success, so she definitely knows what’s up. If I could ever purchase a replacement for my super awesome camera that got broken, I would hope to photograph my food as beautifully as she does.
5. What is your favorite social media outlet and why?
At the moment, Twitter is my favorite. This isn’t going to sound very nice, but Facebook is just so full of ‘OMG, SELFIE!’ and ‘baking soda cures cancer!’ junk anymore that I don’t get much enjoyment out of it. I like Twitter because…Well, my reason doesn’t sound very nice, so we’ll just say I like Twitter.
6. Have you or will you ever vlog?
I have not…and I’m not sure if I will. I like the idea, but I kind of hate the way my recorded voice sounds. Plus, it seems like that would require looking presentable and I typically like to walk around my house with bedhead and no makeup. Ok, sometimes I go out in public that way, too…Hey, at least I put on pants.
7. What is one word that you would want people to describe your blog as being?
What? That’s one word.
8. If you could (or have) work with one brand, which one would it be and why?
Oh, this one is tough…Can I say something like Procter & Gamble so I could test all of their new stuff? If not…I think Pampers would be a good company to work with. Gimme some free diapers, y’all!
9. What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
Life in general, especially when I have something funny to write about. I do enjoy food posts because they pretty much write themselves, but I love when I can bang out a good humor post.
10. Who’s your favorite housewife? (yes, I’m totally serious!)
ME! Can I say that? I don’t watch much tv so I can’t really make an informed decision about which of the Real Housewives is the best…
Without further ado, here are my ten nominees (in no particular order):
And here are my questions:
1. What inspired you to blog for the first time?
2. Who is your biggest blog supporter?
3. How do you make time to blog?
4. Is there a topic that you absolutely WILL NOT blog about? Why?
5. What is your favorite comfort food, ever?
6. You have exactly one hour of childless, significant other-less, obligation-less free time. How do you spend that time (anything your heart desires). What if you had a whole day?
7. What is one thing you would do for your blog if you had unlimited resources?
8. What is your goal for your blog?
9. Please link to your 3 absolute favorite blogs (yes, I’m stealing this question from my nominator!).
10. When you’re following (or subscribed to) a blog, what is an absolute deal breaker that makes you quit reading immediately?
I can’t wait to hear the responses from my nominees!
I’m still accepting emails for a future Q&A post… Ask me anything you want to know! Send questions to willfullydisobedientblog (at) gmail (dot) com