To be fair, yesterday started out well…I got up early, made an omelette for breakfast (a REAL one, not a baggie omelette) and got my oil changed. I felt so good about my productive morning that I tweeted about it.

I wasn’t so happy about the 85.00 oil change, but I get paid tomorrow.

Anyway, I made sure to be back home by 10:00 am because, according to Twitter, that’s when the venue for the DMB midwest show was to be announced. By 9:55 I was logged into Warehouse and had probably already refreshed at least 20 times. I was determined to get my name in for pre-order.

Around 10:12am with no announcement I started to wonder what was up…so I checked Twitter again and discovered that I need to pay a little more attention to detail. The announcement was supposed to be at 10:00 CENTRAL time. 11:00 my time for those of you playing along at home.

I think that’s about when things started to go south. I would be driving to work at 11:00 am and therefore would not be able to put my pre-order in right away. That made me grumpy. THEN I decided to pout for a while and suddenly it was 10:20 and I needed to leave for work by 10:45. Oops.

I did manage to leave with enough time to actually get to work and find a parking spot before I was actually late. I guess that’s a bright point.

My day at work was, at best, frustrating as hell. I’m still pretty new and I hate that I don’t know everything yet. I also had to deal with some less-than-kind people on the phone.  I also ended up going to lunch late because my food took 45 minutes to get here. Damn it, Pita Pit…I quite enjoyed the falafel but why oh why did you make me wait so long?!

By the time I left work I was exhausted. I had only slept for about four hours the night before, and that was mostly interrupted. I think it’s safe to say I was running on fumes all day. Well, fumes and a LOT of coffee.

Things did turn around once I got back home…I got to hang out with the not-boyfriend (I should probably explain that eventually) and drink beer. I can’t lie, I probably only had five beers at most, but I was a little buzzed. I’m fairly certain that I fell asleep while NB was talking.

Today has been decidedly better. Could be that it’s Friday, could be that it’s been pretty slow…It could also be the champagne I drank at my desk earlier.

Let me repeat that.


I love this place.